Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mensa Matters

If I get another call from an Ivy League school about my daughter I'm going to scream! Olivia got her report card yesterday, and, once again, she has left a sea of 5-year olds drowning in her academic wake. My little girl whips other Kindergartners with half her brain tied behind her back!

Seriously, Olivia is doing great in school and it makes me one happy dad. I beat myself up a lot over the fact that her mom and I are divorced, but she honestly seems to be handling it about as good as I could hope. She has her moments, but so far school has not been a problem. I can only dream that one day she will matriculate at the University of Tennessee and eventually claw her way up the corporate ladder and work in a bike shop like her dad....

No comments: