Sunday, June 15, 2008

What a week/weekend.

Olivia finished High School Musical Camp on Friday with a show at camp. I was able to alter my schedule to go watch. What a production. Olivia did wonderful. Caught it on tape and am trying to figure out how to put a clip of it on the old blog. We'll see. I watched the tape with her this morning and teared up a bit.

Olivia had a birthday party yesterday - I wasn't able to make it because of work. This morning I went and got her a bagel and was able to spend about an hour with her for Father's Day, then off to work again.

I have an interview for a job that I really want on Thursday. I am calling on all my resources and contacts to help me out. I haven't interviewed in years, but I'm thinking I'll do OK. I have to take a writing test, which in the past has never scared me. Now I'm nervous as hell.

I can feel the tension returning like I had when I was going through my divorce. There were times when I could barely get out of bed from the muscle spasms I had in my back. It's on the verge of locking up again, but I'm just punishing myself with exercise the last few days. I lead the group ride that leaves from our shop this morning. I usually ride easy, but I drilled it a few times and left everyone on every hill we climbed.

There are some other things that are just crappy in my life right now, but I'd just rather not spill my guts on the internet. If I landed this job my life would improve in so many areas.

Tiger Woods may be the most amazing athlete I've ever seen. If you don't think golf is a sport, that's fine, but I've never seen someone with more mental toughness and confidence than that guy. For the amount of time the guys spends in the spotlight he's also the closest to a pure role model that a kid could have. Not many of those left anymore.

PS - Finished second Friday night at poker. Got my money back and enough more to half fill the car with gas - not bad. I was outchipped by a bunch when it got down to Matt and myself. I won 14 straight hands. Then I went all in with pocket 10's. Matt called with King/Jack of spades. He hit three straight cards to make a flush. Kind of a crappy way to lose the hand, but I played it correctly.

No comments: