Thursday, October 23, 2008

New part-time job

Unless something falls apart, I'll be starting Monday working for Ibex Bikes - http://www.ibexbikes.com/. One of my friends has worked there a few years and is leaving to go into the computer field. I will work there on my current days off, Monday & Thursday. Unfortunately, it means I'll have all of 4 days off a month, which will be my weekends with Olivia.

Ibex is a manufacturer/distributor of bicycles that sells exclusively on the internet. Their warehouse/office is in Alpharetta. Not a fun commute, but I can't really be picky right now considering it works with my schedule.

I'm honestly not sure about the stability of the company. I know the current owner is looking for someone to buy it. Their bikes are OK. I am going to feel out the possibility of riding their bikes next year at some endurance races. Will (my friend) thinks that it would be huge for their exposure to have a tent/rider at some local mountain bike races. Obviously, it would have to pay or I wouldn't even consider it. He doesn't see that as a problem - we'll see.

No comments: