Monday, November 3, 2008

Time to call on the optimist in me

Today I go into Ibex Bikes to learn the ropes, and hopefully start working there permanently on my days off from the "other" bike shop.

Yesterday, before work, I went to Conyers to do one of the Georgia Cyclocross Series races. I rode really strong - me and four others had about minute lead after the first lap. Halfway through the second lap I went through a little swale in the grass before a turn...and my rear wheel folded under me. Game over. I'm 0-2 in finishing cyclocross races this year. On another front, I found out about an epic 50+mile cyclocross race in mid-January. It is in the mountains (Ellijay, GA) and will probably be a 5 hour+ race. I'm gonna set my sites on that.

I got to go trick-or-treating with Olivia! I am very grateful to her mother for inviting me at the last moment. She was Sharpay from High School Musical. I was happy to be there for it.

Liv and I have a long weekend ahead. Her mom goes out of town for a couple of days. I'll be teaching Sunday School at church this weekend. Olivia is excited about it. We may go up to Rome, GA to watch the cyclocross races after church on Sunday. I may plan a hike for us on Saturday.

I need to get to the grocery store - I've had peanut butter on toast for breakfast for about 12 days straight.

No comments: