Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hanging with Olivia


Olivia and I have spent a lot of time together lately. Yesterday she told me she wanted a camera. We went to the store and she looked at them. She liked one that was $39.99. I told her that if she did some chores over the next few weeks that she could use any change that she could round up around the house.

She emptied both cars, my change jars, looked in drawers and other places. We went to Kroger and the Coinstar machine. I let her use the machine, take the ticket, and present it to the service person for her money. Coincidentally, she found $39.26! We went to Target and bought the best camera we could for the money. She paid for it and I also taught her about taxes...which she had to ask me for.

Afterward, we went on a hike at Kennesaw Mountain. She took some pics, but I haven't uploaded them yet. I chronicled the whole day with my camera though:




Collecting change in a plastic bag ^



Visiting the wonderous Coinstar machine...for the lazy coin roller ^

Emptying her stash ^

Sitting on the bench at Target - cash money in hand ^


A new camera....and maybe a small lesson learned. Hopefully. ^



Like every six-year old, she has her moments, but she is a very happy, well adjusted, intelligent little girl. And that makes me happy.





No comments: