Thursday, May 29, 2008

this week

Working a bike race on Saturday for the bike shop. I'll be the "holder" for the time trial...should be a lot of fun, not. Saturday night I'll head to Alabama for the Bump N' Grind mountain bike race. I'll be helping some of the Sorella cycling girls team, and, if I can get my 15 year old mountain bike together, I'm gonna race. Blue Bicycles has offered me one of their team bikes to race, but I know my history with mountain biking and I'd rather risk my own stuff than destroy one of their bikes!

The news keeps getting worse about friends and crashes. A local rider who I've only met briefly was hit by a car while warming up for a race last weekend and is in intensive care, soon to undergo about 10 hours of facial reconstruction surgery. Just heard yesterday that my good friend Steve was in a racing accident in Chicago this past weekend - broke at least 8 ribs and punctured a lung. I don't know what's going on, but I sure hope it stops soon.

Olivia started the first of her summer camps this week. She'll spend the night with me tonight because I won't see her for a while as she goes to spend next week with her maternal grandmother. She'll be taking tennis lessons while there. I have gone to the courts with her three times in the last week. She's actually picking it up very well. I'll have her out playing with my brother and sister soon - both much better players than me.

When I make my millions I'm gonna hire a guy (or a cute girl) just to follow me around and tell me where my cell phone, wallet and car keys are.

No comments: