Monday, May 12, 2008

The Weekend

Spent the weekend with the 'O' Show. I seem to always say it, but she's really growing up too fast. Bear came over for the night and he was in the bushes in the backyard and I couldn't see him. I asked Olivia where he was, and she said "I don't know. Running around in La La Land, I guess." What kind of response is that??

We picked flowers in my yard for her mom for Mother's Day. My house has a bunch of neat flowers & plants that the old lady that lived here before planted. This year, some Irises came up that weren't here last year. I've got several rose bushes, as well. Olivia grabbed one, forgetting that they have thorns. The tears flowed and she reached out for me to hug her. She's growing up, but it's nice to know she still needs me.

Did some decompressing this morning by working in the yard after a busy week last week. Gotta start enjoying life again. I'm trying to get a new perspective. I sat at a birthday party this past weekend and just listened to the mothers - complaining about their busy schedules, annoying in-laws, sagging real estate, and un-involved fathers. There's got to be more to life than that. Life's full of positives that we often overlook, including myself.

No comments: