Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Done before I started

Didn't mean to write two negative posts in a row, but I'm done with my attempt to try and race a bike again. I'm giving the bike I've been loaned back and stopping the attempts to train when I know I just can't make the time or muster the enthusiasm.

I won't quit riding all together, but I'm just setting myself up to be disappointed if I try to race. I'm still a category 2 rider, which means I'd have to race with Pros most of the time. I could race masters, but I just don't think it will give me the rush I need. Cyclocross was different and new, but I've been a successful road racer and I just can't seem to adjust. My dad can probably relate to it. He was a National Champion in car racing, and I'm sure no matter how old you get it would be hard to go back to regional racing.

I was sick for two weeks and didn't pedal a stroke. Now, I just don't have the energy. I've ridden twice in 3 weeks and the season starts in a month. Riding, I had hoped, would be therapeutic. To a point it has been, but I need to compete to be happy.

I've got some serious issues I need to deal with in my life. Cycling will just have to wait.

No comments: