Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pray for me Thursday at 5:15

Olivia and I are finally going to the Hannah Montana 3D spectacular! OH MY GOD, I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

So, for those of you that don't have kids, this thing is just a taped concert, essentially a movie....oh, yeah, in 3D. Her mom paid $32 for the tickets. No, the three of us aren't going, just me and Olivia. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I payed less for my first LIVE concert, and I doubt I'll even get a contact buzz. Of course, this is HANNAH MONTANA, not Loverboy.

I ventured to the other prepubescent girl craze this weekend - the American Girl store. Amazing. I had the typical "why didn't I think of this" thoughts, but I don't think my feeble mind is capable of the marketing ideas this place has. Unfortunately, we didn't have 4 hours (not kidding) to wait for a table at the Bistro, where they would serve a mini meal just like your daughter's (or gay son's) to your American Girl doll.
We also didn't have time to wait in line to dole out $20 to have her doll's hair styled. There are adult women who put your child's doll in a mini salon chair and style their hair to your liking. I'm sure tips are accepted.

One bonus (although I'm not in the market for one) was the droves of hot moms walking around in their hip "I want to be like my daughter" clothes. I don't venture to Alpharetta much, but there are distinctly two different types of moms walking around with their kids. You've got the Snoopy sweatshirt, hair stuck in the 80's, Keds-wearing moms and the "there's a chance I might get laid at the mall" moms - no inbetween. I put my blinders on, paid 100% attention to my daughter, gave the nice cashier all my money and left after a trip to the merry-go-round.

No comments: