Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Music for the 21st century

If you haven't checked out the Music Genome Project at Pandora radio, you need to: www.pandora.com. You can type in your favorite artist and it will continuously play songs by artists similar to yours. You can add other artists and the site will evolve and become more specific. The best part is it's FREE!

I was trying to figure out a way to channel the music to my receiver so I could enjoy it over my better speakers, and my ones outside. I thought about a sound card or a digital-to-analog converter.....then I just bought an iPod headphone adaptor for $6 at Target. I plug it into the headphone jack on my computer then splice the seperate (L & R) audio cables into a traditional audio cable, plug it into the auxilary inputs and VIOLA! I may lose 1 or 2% in sound quality, but it's hardly noticeable. Sounds awesome!

I have about 7 different stations that I created. I love that I can get a consistent type of music with different artists and it plays forever. The artist, album and song title are there if you hear someone you like and want to go out and buy their album or download it from a music service. Sometimes I loathe the internet, but it definitely has its advantages.

No comments: