Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring is here

Spring can't get here quick enough for me this year. I was cold all winter. Unfortunately, I've been feeling the affects of spring in the way of allergies all week. It seems to get worse each year. I may also be fighting a cold.

I went with three first round upsets in the NCAA tournament - only one of them pulled through. I've got Kansas winning it all. Sounds like most experts like UCLA. I'm really hoping for a Tennessee - UNC matchup in the Final 8. I only wish Dean Smith was still at the helm as the Volunteers sodomize the Tarheels in Charlotte.


Turkey bacon has less than half the calories of real bacon...and if you eat it often enough you'll forget how good real bacon tastes. Not a bad substitute.

Since I really don't have a mountain bike anymore, I borrowed one that we rent from work. It fits terribly and made for a most miserable ride yesterday. I rode with a friend that does long distance mountain bike races. She drilled me. I couldn't keep up on the hills at all. The allergies or the cold (if I've got one) have left me exhausted.

My phone is AWOL right now. Why do I have such a hard time keeping up with something that most people can't live without?

Next weekend Olivia has two birthday parties and a soccer game on Saturday, then another birthday party on Sunday. Her social calender is very busy.

I still prefer reading a newspaper or magazine over reading something on the internet.

If I put down some weed killer on my lawn this year I'm afraid all I'll have left is dirt.

No comments: