Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back in the saddle

John O'Brien took this - interesting shot. He met me at the door when I opened the shop today and had this photo all blown up. Nice guy
During my scratch race qualifier - not much mojo going on...
We had a pretty big pro field
Rick Miller and I making an exchange during the madison event

So, I raced the track last night. I thought I might have a good night because I've had pretty good fitness lately and rode well last weekend....I think I might have overdone it. I was just flat last night. I just couldn't accelerate well and lactic acid seemed to rush into my legs during the first lap of every race.


I rode a decent miss-and-out, finishing 10th out of about 30 in the pro race, but that was pretty much the highlight of the night. There were some real studs there. I completed my first madison since my epic crash 12 years ago that witnessed me waking up on a backboard in an emergency room. I rode with Rick Miller from Philadelphia. We didn't do great, but we were a pretty good team as far as working together, and our "exchanges" were pretty solid. Rick is a really nice guy, and it took a little bit of trust on his part to ride with me considering how long it had been since I had raced.


Afterwards, a good group of track cycling peeps met at a new bar in Decatur that is run by a fellow cyclist. I was exhausted and ended up crashing at Joe and Wendy's house, which was within walking distance of the bar :) The bad news was that they had stopped serving food when we got there. Keith was a lifesaver and walked back to his house and brought me back some grilled chicken, some pistachios, some Doritos and yogurt!


My butt hurt too bad to ride today! The track really beats me up. I'm meeting my client in the morning for an easy ride on the Silver Comet Trail, then I have a lot of work to do around the house - clean, mow, dishes, etc. Sooooo looking forward to that, not.


Did I mention that Tennessee football sucks???

No comments: