Wednesday, December 19, 2007

how much is this?


I couldn't make this up if I tried....

So, I'm in the Dollar Store buying stocking stuffers (and primary gifts for those I don't like, but have to buy a gift for). As the toothless woman is bagging my stuff this oriental lady (honestly, i'm not picking on her because of her ethnicity) behind me asks the cashier "How much is this?".....I shit you negative.


To the cashier's credit, she nonchalantly said "Everything's a dollar". Oriental girl looks happily surprised -Then she asks "Well, how much is this?".... I swear I almost took the dollar spatula I had just bought and slapped her till her eyes slanted vertically. Then I would have taken my dollar ball of twine and tied her up and lit her on fire with my dollar lighter. I would have written a eulogy on my dollar notepad with one of my ten-for-a-dollar pens. It would have simply read: "I died because I asked a stupid question."


This is the world I'm bringing my daughter up in. Please, God, look out for her.

No comments: