Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolution?


Over the last month, no less than 4 people (might have been more - I have an ADD problem) have made mention of the fact that I'm a little angry...a little pessimistic...a little negative. I'm aware that I can be a bit of a cynic, but thought I had done a good job of covering some of the other stuff with humor. I could write a book on why, but instead I'll just let the people know that read this blog that I'm aware of it and am going to attempt to change my attitude. If you are reading this, and haven't just stumbled upon my page, then you should also know that you mean something to me because I haven't let anyone know about this except those close to me.

I read another blog by a guy I've never met in Colorado. He is a bicycle racer, but that's kind of beside the point. He also has an amazing way of showing appreciation for the simple (and not so simple) things in life - he's humorous, intelligent and optimistic. Last week he wrote this:

Live better.
Live fuller.
Live more creatively.
Live with blood in your veins, not vinegar.

Sounds like sage advice for 2008. If you see me acting otherwise, grab me (to make sure I'm listening) and remind me of it. Have a great year!

No comments: