Friday, August 8, 2008

Hope

I've learned not to get too excited about job prospects. I applied to five jobs this week - three of which I think I am very well qualified and have contacts within the company. This certainly doesn't mean I'll even get an interview, but it is better than nothing. I've been very reluctant to even mention job leads because they can lead to false hope, but I've been busting my ass and have to believe that something will pay off soon.

I met an interesting person this week - a professional organizer. Not only does she literally organize people's belongings, but also helps them manage time. I find the whole thing fascinating. Maybe it's because I'm such the opposite at times.

The Olympics start tonight. I still don't sleep worth a damn, so at least I know there will be something to watch in the middle of the night.

No comments: