Sunday, August 31, 2008

A little trip

I rolled some coins today and decided I'm taking a mini vacation next week. Olivia is headed on her Disney Cruise with her mom. I'm gonna go to the Cohutta Mountains in North Georgia. You can camp for free anywhere inside the National Park. I'm going to leave after work on Wednesday - the trip shouldn't cost me anything but a half a tank of gas and some food. I'm taking my mountain bike and plan on a 4 or 5 hour epic ride on Thursday.

I was supposed to go to Alabama to race in a criterium that weekend, but I think I need this trip more. I'm broke and don't need to waste money on a bike race anyway. If I don't get away I may shoot someone....and I'm really not in the mood for jail.


I'll probably throw in my old fishing rod, my camera, and a good book. I need to get lost for a couple of days, and this is the perfect opportunity.

No comments: