Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Under the influence

First off, I am under the influence of a couple of Ambien - I simply have not slept in two months and my body needs it BADLY. We'll see if this works. If this post is rambling, then it's not entirely my fault.

I gave some advice to a friend the other day. I said, in essence, that if you keep taking the same approach towards something then you shouldn't be suprised if you get the same results. It sounded good at the moment even though my friend didn't seem to quite get it.

I've thought about it a lot since saying it. I realized that I'm not taking my own advice. I am no doubt in a rut right now, and I think it is because I expect different results without changing the way I do things. The old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" still applies today, but turning the radio up to drown out that awful sound your car is making doesn't work either.


I have really attempted, and I think I'm succeeding, at taking a more positive attitude, regardless of the situation. I think I am coming off as a more happy person now.

I've got to re-evaluate several things in my life. The one thing positive that comes out of being confused is that you realize what is important to you. Being a good father, staying in shape, enjoying what you do for a living, learning new skills - I may not be achieving all of them, but the list of that which is important becomes smaller, but more passionate.

I need to heed the attitude I had for 3 of the 4 decades I've been on this earth - I've made it this far and I can only assume that everything moving forward will work out as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Cherise Kenner and i would like to show you my personal experience with Ambien.

I have taken for 1 years. I am 57 years old. Works great if I take it on an empty stomach, and get right into bed. If you take it and try to keep yourself awake, you can override the pill and be up all night.

Side Effects :
None.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Cherise Kenner


Ambien Prescription Medication