Saturday, July 19, 2008

Everybody's workin' for the weekend...

Going to White Water Park with Olivia and a friend of mine and his daughter today. White Water is interesting. It's actually a pretty neat water park. It is usually very crowded and you see a myriad of people. Way too much skin that shouldn't be exposed...



Tomorrow I have Braves tickets that my friend Keith gave me. It's an afternoon game and it's supposed to be 94 degrees tomorrow. I'll lay even odds that Olivia doesn't make it through the 4th inning before wanting to call it a day.


The job search continues to be a roller coaster. I have a freind that has been a tremendous help. I found a job that I am qualified for with her company, but the recruiter for the job has been fairly unresponsive to her inquiries. It sucks, because she has great relationships with most of the recruiters....but not this one. Her and her husband are both contractors for Northrop Grumman and are both very happy with their jobs. Another huge benefit to this job is that it apparently can include a good bit of telecommuting - perfect for my situation. We'll see.


Olivia was in Science Camp this week. I think she enjoyed it. I find her camp experiences are a direct reflection on which (if any) of her friends are also at the camp!


Cyclocross season starts in about 3 months. I shouldn't be thinking about it until I get a job, but I need some sort or extracuricular activity to get me excited or I'll just get depressed. Cyclocross was a blast last year. I'm more fit this year, so we'll see how it goes. The season is short (about 8 weeks) and races are Sunday mornings at 10 am. Most of the courses are within an hour of Atlanta and don't cost much to enter. It's a great atmosphere and I really enjoy hanging out with my team mates.

No comments: