Friday, July 25, 2008

Shed Life

The shed (cute girl not included)

I've stupidly been paying $125 a month for a storage unit for more than three years. I've talked about building a storage shed in my backyard since moving in over a year and a half ago. Finally, my mom and dad convinced (helped) me do it.


My dad came down yesterday and we went shed shopping. I could have gotten a wooden one with more space for about the same price, but there would be more time and maintenance involved. We build an 8'X8' platform and used decking material, supporting it on concrete deck blocks. We bought a Rubbermaid 7'x7' vinyl shed. It went together in just over two hours and actually seems like it's pretty well built. From start to finish we might have spent 5 1/2 hours - not bad.


I now have a convienient place to put my tools and store misc. stuff. Just one more thing on my checklist now checked off!

No comments: