Sunday, July 27, 2008

My mind on my money and my money on my mind....


The past 24 hours have been pretty good. It's about time.


Last night I played poker with the usual crew and finished second. Only made $40, but that will put gas in the car. Woke up early this morning and drove to Lawrenceville and did a bike race. I was worried about my fitness, but was really never put in too much pain. I kind of screwed up with a mile to go and lost a bunch of positions, but managed to claw my way back to 10th by the finish....the last position to pay! Made $20 for that. Nothing to write home about, but a top 10 is good by me. My entry fee was covered, so it only cost me gas money.


At work today an attorney that I had helped a couple of weeks ago came in and asked me if I knew anyone that could coach him to do a triathlon. "I'm your man!". We talked for about 15 minutes. I'm e-mailing him a proposal, which is just a re-hash of what we had already talked about. Looks like he's interested. If it goes well I'll make enough money to pay my child support each month! He has long-term goals, so this could be a long-term thing. His primary goal is a year off. He seems like a very personable guy, which bodes well.


Headed to the storage unit to get some stuff to put in the shed. It's been a busy day.

No comments: