Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This n' that

That's Emile Abraham from Trinidad in front - he's a pro for Team Type 1 and won the overall title this past weekend. I'm sitting fourth, but going nowhere... Below is me leading Dan Holt (he finished second overall) and the legs you see are none other than former Olympian and multi national champion, Kent Bostick. This is coming around turn 4...they both passed me by the finish line :(


As some of you know, I raced at the track last weekend. I didn't have any decent results, but I didn't embarrass myself either. I rode aggressively, and a few moves had a chance of paying off, but the legs just aren't there to race with guys that do this for a living. I finished in the pack during most of the races - good enough.

If I can find the time to put in some more short intervals and sprints, I'll probably race again in September. There are three Festivals of Speed at the track during the year - these are when the big boys show up, and last weekend was the second one.

On the job front, I've had a few letdowns in the last weeks. The job market is very tough. However, I have a couple of leads that may show some light soon. I don't want to get to excited, but we'll see.

Olivia is at Science Camp this week. She seems to be enjoying it. I want to do something special with her this weekend. I have been on edge lately and probably not the dad I want to be lately. Got to remember my priorities.

No comments: