Monday, July 7, 2008

What is wrong????

On the way to pick up Olivia from camp today a car turned in front of me. It was a Lexus with this sign on the side:

We make Custom Bras
Over 240 different size's
First of all, it's funny that a custom bra company is out there and this is the way they market them. Then, of course, there's the problem with the apostrophe.....How is it that I can't get a job writing or editing, but the G.D. moron that a) sells custom bras, or b) makes custom signs is allowed to walk through life unmolested for his stupid use of an unnecessary apostrophe?
I know, you're thinking that he's on another rant. Not so - just making a point. In fact, I'm doing my damnedest to adopt a positive attitude. It ain't easy lately, but I'm determined to do it. It's almost scary how much I've gotten accomplished in the last week. My life and my home are close to being in order. All I need now is a regular schedule and gameful employment. My self imposed deadline of August 1 is fast approaching.
I've made mention a couple of times lately that I would love "a la carte" cable. After all, I only watch about 5 or 6 channels - none of them are a major network. I really enjoy Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. He travels the world, sampling food and hanging with locals. I watch Family Guy every night before bed. I watch old movies on AMC and TCM. I like Man Vs. Wild and Dirty Jobs on Discovery.
Damn, am I getting skinny... Weight loss at my age should be a good thing, and I certainly could have used a few less pounds. Unfortunately, now none of my pants fit. They literally fall off of me. I'm the lightest I've been in 11 years.
I hurt my back doing a can opener for Olivia at the pool on Saturday. How in the heck do you hurt yourself doing that? It wasn't a triple flip or anything. Ah, I love getting older.

No comments: